From CBS New York
by Kimberly Rae Miller
She has lived in Paris, Kuala Lumpur, London & Madrid but has been a steady New Yorker for the past 10 years. Sheisfrench.com is her blog dedicated to seduction, flirtation and all things her inner French girl had started to forget! The adventure continues with the soon-to-open She is French online store where men and women will finally be able to find elegant, sexy gifts. She promises: no heart shaped chocolates with Teddy bears attached and no pink-furry handcuffs!
How would you define your personal style?
I try to make it effortless by following my own version of the K.I.S.S. principle: Keep it Simple & Sexy!
What is so fab about French Girl style?
French Girl style is all about innuendo, nothing obvious but rather suggested. She balances a short skirt with a masculine jacket, a classic sweater that might slip to reveal a naked shoulder. Her style is understated and confident enough that she could go on a date in flats.
How can we American girls channel our inner French Girl?
To be glamorous, to elicit desire, it all begins with the right mindset. I created She is French to show women everywhere that sexy is more attitude than looks. So the first thing every woman can do to channel her inner French Girl is adding some mystery to her persona. Don’t reveal it all…but also don’t be afraid to show that there is much to be discovered!
Tips for bringing romance into everyday style choices?
Play and mix soft and sexy fabrics such as silk, cashmere and leather because you can’t help but want to touch them. Add the famous scarf French women wear. My theory is it gives them something to take off… it’s not much, but the idea of undressing is there!
Favorite Five in the Five Boroughs?
- Fashion – Ludivine: A cool French girl that has the talent of selecting great brands. Each time I wear something I bought in her store, people always ask me where I got it… a great compliment for all fashionistas.
- Food – Cuis’in is the secret address for the French community. They deliver homemade dishes straight to your home. So it is like having a chef in your own kitchen. Each week they have a new menu with family style dishes that are both delicious and reasonable in price… whether with friends or just family, I just add an apron and pretend I did it all.
- Art – Gallery Nine is owned by French-born Sebastien Pelletier whose gallery curates a selection of International artists and emerging talents. Sali Taylor & Jessica Lichtenstein are among my favorites.
- Inspiration – Susan Fales-Hill is the chicest woman I have ever met in New York. She exudes wit & elegance. Her achievements will make your head spin, her writings are filled with humor and wisdom and her closet is my vision of paradise. Need I say more? Her new book, One Flight Up was just recently published.
- Romance – Central Park all year round–but in the summer a ride on the authentic Venetian Gondola with Andres the expert Gondolier in Central Park Lake is a must. Departure is at the Central Park Boat House.